Model: Quad-Core AMD A-Series APU Processor Model A6-3670K
Core Count: 4
Thread Count: 4
Frequency: 2.7 GHz
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Integrated Graphics: Radeon HD 6530D GPU
Graphics Frequency: 443 MHz
Stream Processors: 320
CMOS Technology: 32nm SOI
Socket: Socket FM1
Max Thermal Design Power: 100 W
Advanced Bit Manipulation
AMD-V (virtualization) technology
Enhanced Virus Protection
* Product descriptions and part numbers are subject to change, and may not reflect manufacturer product changes. Please check the manufacturer's website and use the item's manufacturer part number to find the most up to date product description.
Reviewed by Randall L Swingle from Portland, OR on 02/19/13
- Cost is great if you consider the graphics card is like a Radeon HD 6450 ($30-40 GPU) while the processor is a more power efficient Athlon II quad core ($80 CPU).
- Can easily play all games 2007 and before at high settings. For example Hellgate:London can easily run 40-50 frames per second at max settings and 90 frames if you disable advanced shading. As long as you disable filters and run at 720p or less, it'll run smoothly. Plays Leagues Of Legend at 35-40 frames at High Settings.
- FM2 motherboards are already out and perform faster than FM1 CPUs like this one.
- You need fast RAM to get the most of out it due to the graphics card needing RAM speed that the rest of the system is using. Higher clock speeds also helps that, so prepare to overclock a little bit as well if you need more performance. DDR3 1866 is what you want, or close to it and you need two sticks of Ram no matter what. Dual Channel is required to have it be used at it's fastest.
- CPU doesn't have (continued...)
I love this specific processor because it's the best of both roads. I got a FM1 System before this came out and it was $50 cheaper than the A8-3870k models. The difference is really small and the model can do a lot for very little. I recommend overclocking it to 3.0Ghz and undervolting it down to 1.2 since the stock is 1.45. It'll preform faster and use less energy than before, making it an instant win.
I buy a lot of computer parts. I've ordered from SuperBiiz/eWiz 3 times now, and they have always delivered what I ordered with quick dispatching and reasonably priced 2 day shipping. I am a very pric... (more)